I recently joined VMware and a lot of folks I knew from years ago are there wondering how I’ve been.
How do you capture the last five years? And so here’s a short version:
The TL;DR for folks who lost touch in 2009
(1) Went to Zynga
(2) Had a kid, little boy Nicholas and spent 5 years living that wonder
(3) Dog Died
(4) Got a new dog
(5) Did a Marathon
(6) Lost 40 pounds
(7) Did another marathon , an olympic triathlon
(8) Was involved with Cityville
(9) Did a half-ironman
(10) Did lots of really cool and amazing stuff at Zynga including building the last soup-to-nuts hyper scale infrastructure
(11) Watched a lot of hockey at the Shark Tank, no Pavillion no SAP Center although after the loss to LA last year is starting to feel more like the The sap Center
(12) Became Chief Engineer of Zynga
(13) Somehow stayed married to the most amazing and forgiving and beautiful woman on the planet
(14) Moved to Juniper for a year
(16) Now at VMware doing stuff i love to do.
(17) Read some good books.
(18) Went to Hawaii and Greece a lot
(19) Met a lot of great new friends.
(20) Learned how to be a lot less angry, more humble and patient.